1. Which type of plastic would be suitable to
manufacture washing up liquid bottles from?
2. Give two reasons as to why acrylic is used to make external
3. Name a suitable plastic used to transport medical supplies
on board ships?
4. A manufacturer intends to sell mechanical miniature children's
cars. It has decided to make part of the gearing system from plastics.
Which tough plastic with a good bearing surface would you recommend?
5. Give two reasons as to why guttering and drainpipes are made
from Rigid PVC?
6. Name one property of acrylic that may prove to be a disadvantage?
7. The handles of mild steel screwdrivers made in the school
workshop need to be protected through the process of dip coating.
Which plastic could be used? The same plastic is used to insulate
8. Name a suitable plastic used in the boat industry to make
small rowing boats?
9. Which transparent plastic is used to make the windows of garden
sheds? Explain why you think it is preferred to glass?
10. Gear systems need to be self lubricating, resistant to oil
and have good fatigue resistance. Name a suitable plastic?