1. Which type of hardwood would be suitable to make tough kitchen
surface tops from? The surface would have to withstand shocks and
2. If mahogany proves too expensive to use what would be an ideal
3. Give two examples of suitable hardwoods that may be used to
make quality garden furniture?
4. A manufacturer of intends to create wooden sailing boats.
Suggest a suitable hardwood?
5. Explain why European oak is not normally joined together with
iron and steel fittings?
6. Name one property of Teak which makes it difficult but not
impossible to use?
7. Why is Western Red Cedar a suitable material to use in the
construction of children's playgrounds?
8. Name a softwood that is water resistant?
9. Explain what happens to Afrormosia if is placed in contact
with iron in damp conditions?
10. Name a hardwood which is both elastic and strong. This type
of hardwood is also durable and does not split easily?